ROBOTIS Dynamixel 2XC430-W250-T
Dynamixel-X 2-Axis Robot Actuator
Sorry, this product is no longer available, Please contact us for a replacement.
Dynamixel is a robot exclusive smart actuator with fully integrated DC Motor + Reduction Gearhead + Controller + Driver + Network in one DC servo module.
The Dynamixel 2XC series can control two axis with a single module, so it can be effectively applied to robot`s neck, shoulder, hip, wrist, and ankle. The 2XC series adopts new features that allow 360 degrees control mode with its contactless magnetic encoder and hollow back case assembly structure. Metal gear(Cutting Process) and Coreless motor are used for high durability. High compatibility with XL430, XM430, XH430.
- Various Operating Modes: Velocity Control, Position Control, Extended Position Control, PWM Control
- Profile Control for Smooth Motion Planning
- Hollow Back Case Minimizes Cable Stress
- Direct Screw Assembly to the Case (Some parts)
- Energy Saving with Reduced Current
- Robot Cable-X3P 180mm
- 10 x Bolt M2.5x5
- 10 x Bolt M2x5
* Idler Set (HN11-I101 Set) for assembling hinge frames are not included.
- Controller: OpenCM9.04 + 485 Expansion Board, OpenCR1.0, CM-550
- Interface: USB2Dynamixel, U2D2
Factory Default Settings
- ID(A) : 1
- ID(B) : 2
- Baud Rate: 57600bps
(User can change various settings including ID and baud rate according to environment)
Various Cabling Methods
Dynamixel-X Series cable assembly through hollow case
Organize the entangled cable before assembling the back case. Do not assemble the back case with entangled cable. The entangled cable can be squashed by the case and cause communication error.
The Dynamixel-X Series adopted a new gold-plated JST connector for secure and reliable communication. The connector used for previous Dynamixel is Molex.
Molex-JST conversion cable is not included with the purchase of 2XC430 Dynamixel, so you must purchase Molex-JST conversion cable separately to connect to the existing controller (OpenCM 485 expansion board, USB2Dynamixel).
- Improved Torque, Compact Size
- Enhanced Durability and Expandability
- Hollow Back Case Minimizes Cable Stress (3-way-routing)
- Direct Screw Assembly to the Case (without Nut Insert)
- Improved Heat Sink Featuring an Aluminum Case
Various Control Functions
- 6 Operating Modes
- Current-Based Torque Control (4096 steps, 2.69mA/step)
- Profile Control for Smooth Motion Planning
- Trajectory Data and Moving Status (In-Position, Following Error, etc.)
- Energy Saving (Reduced Current from 100mA to 40mA)
Sophisticated Control Architecture:
- Various feedback and control method according to developers’ needs
- Protocol 2.0 provides reliable packet communication
|MCU||Cortex-M3 (72 Mhz, 32 bit)|
|Input Voltage||Min: 6.5V
|Performance Characteristics||Voltage: 12.0V
Stall Torque: 1.80N·m
Stall Current: 1.4A
No Load Speed: 64.0rpm
No Load Current: 0.05A
|Continuous Operation||Voltage: -
|Resolution||Resolution [deg/pulse]: 0.0879
Step [pulse]: 4,096
Angle [degree]: 360
|Position Sensor||Contactless Absolute Encoder (12Bit, 360 [deg])
Maker : ams (www.ams.com), Part No : AS5601
|Operating Temperature||Min: -5 °C
Max: 72 °C
|Baud Rate||Min: 9,600 bps
Max: 4,500,000 bps
|Case Material||Engineering Plastic|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||1.4 x 1.83 x 1.41 inch (36 x 46.5 x 36 mm)|
|Gear Ratio||257 : 1|
|Command Signal||Digital Packet|
|Protocol Type||Half duplex Asynchronous Serial Communication (8bit, 1stop, No Parity)|
|Link (Physical)||TTL Level Multi Drop Bus|
|ID||0 ~ 253|
|Feedback||Position, Velocity, Load, Realtime tick, Trajectory, Temperature, Input Voltage, etc|
|Protocol version||Protocol 1.0
Protocol 2.0 (Default)
|Operating Mode / Angle||Velocity Control mode: Endless turn
Position Control Mode: 360 [deg]
Extended Position Control Mode: ±256 [rev]
PWM Control Mode: Endless turn
|Standby Current||49 mA|
Provides various control environment just like Dynamixel
Dynamixel SDK is a software development kit that provides Dynamixel control functions using packet communication. The API of Dynamixel SDK is designed for Dynamixel actuators and Dynamixel-based platforms. You need to be familiar with C/C++ programming language for right use of the software. This e-Manual provides comprehensive information on ROBOTIS products and applications.
To control Dynamixel, communication should be established according to the protocol of Dynamixel. There are versions 1.0 and 2.0 of the Dynamixel protocol. The Dynamixel SDK supports both, and the user can use both protocols simultaneously using the Dynamixel SDK. Refer to the following manuals for details on the protocols.
- Dynamixel Protocol 1.0
- Dynamixel Protocol 2.0 (Recommended protocoltype)
The Dynamixel SDK can be used on PCs such as desktops or laptops, as well as on tablets, and also on SBCs like Raspberry Pi and UpBoards. In addition, it can be used with embedded boards that support the Arduino IDE. Dynamixel uses TTL and RS485 communication. In order to use computer and Dynamixel, we recommend USB2Dynamixel or U2D2 as interface device.
Supported Operating Systems
The Dynamixel SDK supports all three operating systems: Windows, Linux, and MacOS.
The Dynamixel SDK supports various programming languages: C, C++, C#, Python, Java, MATLAB and LabVIEW.
In addition, Dynamixel SDK supports ROS, so it can be used as ROS library using C++ or Python modules.
- C: *Dynamic library and source code of this library and examples
- C#, Java, MATLAB, LabVIEW: Support based on dynamic library using C language
- C++: *Dynamic library and source code of this library and examples
- Python: Python module and examples
- ROS: ROS library using C++ and Python modules
(* Dynamic library (*.dll, *.so, and *.dylib files) / .dll: dynamic-link library on Windows / .so: shared object on Linux / .dylib: dynamic library on macOS)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.