ROBOTIS Dynamixel Pro M54-60-S250-R
Dynamixel Pro Servo Robot Actuator
Sorry, this product is no longer available, Please contact us for a replacement.
All Dynamixel Pro servo are rated at 24 V, use the RS-485 communication protocol, and are designed for an operating temperature from 5-55 C (41-131 F). Additional model specifications, dimensional drawings, 3D models, software downloads, and documentation can be found on the individual product pages.
Dynamixel is a robot exclusive smart actuator with fully integrated DC Motor + Reduction Gearhead + Controller + Driver + Network in one DC servo module.
Dynamixel-P Series implements removable reduction cycloid gears, resulting in high precision and impact resistance.
- Torque control based on current sensing
- Position, Torque and Speed-based command
- High resolution with combination of Incremental Encoder and Contactless Absolute Encoder
- Full metal housing for high durability
- Can be used to make a full-size manipulator, pan tilt, humanoid, etc.
Dynamixel Pro -> P Upgrade Details
- Improved design and JST connectors applied
- Improved dirt inflow and leakage
- Improved control table (Supports X Series functions)
- Enhanced control performance such as responsiveness and resolution
- Enhanced communication responsiveness
- Improved heat, noise, and durability
- 2 x Robot Cable-X4P 600mm
- 20 x Wrench Bolt WB M3x8
- Controller: OpenCM 485 Expansion Board, OpenCR1.0
- Interface: USB2Dynamixel, U2D2
Factory Default Settings
- ID: 1
- Baud Rate: 57600bps
(User can change various settings including ID and baud rate according to environment)
The operational voltage is different from other DYNAMIXEL series (Operational voltage: 24V).
Depending on the number of units used, it is recommended to use a separate power supply.
Molex 4Pin connector is used for communication.
- 1,000 pulse incremental encoder before gear reduction
- 4,096 step absolute encoder after gear reduction
- Electrical current sensing based control
- Internal temperature sensing
- Position-based command
- Torque-based command
- Speed-based command
- Cycloid type detachable reduction gear (Straight, Right Angle, Belt)
- Various communication physical layer
* Supports RS-485
* CAN, TTL, EtherCAT [Coming Soon]
- Various optional frame
|MCU||Cortex-M4 (168 Mhz, 32 bit)|
|Baud Rate||9,600 bps ~ 10.5 Mbps|
|Operating Modes||Torque Control Mode
Velocity Control Mode
Position Control Mode
Extended Position Control Mode
|Weight||2.00 lbs (853 g)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||54 x 108 x 54 mm|
|Gear Ratio||251.4 : 1|
|Backlash||< 6 [arcmin], 0.1°|
|Radial Load||370N (10mm away from the horn)|
|No Load Speed||33.1 rev/min]|
|No Load Current||1.25A|
|Continuous Speed||28.3 rev/min|
|Continuous Torque||10.1 Nm|
|Operating Temperature||5 ~ 55 °C|
|Command Signal||Digital Packet|
|Protocol Type||RS485 Asynchronous Serial Communication
(8bit, 1stop, No Parity)
|Physical Connection||RS485 Multidrop Bus|
|ID||253 ID (0 ~ 252)|
|Standby Current||80 mA|
Provides various control environment just like Dynamixel
Dynamixel SDK is a software development kit that provides Dynamixel control functions using packet communication. The API of Dynamixel SDK is designed for Dynamixel actuators and Dynamixel-based platforms. You need to be familiar with C/C++ programming language for right use of the software. This e-Manual provides comprehensive information on ROBOTIS products and applications.
To control Dynamixel, communication should be established according to the protocol of Dynamixel. There are versions 1.0 and 2.0 of the Dynamixel protocol. The Dynamixel SDK supports both, and the user can use both protocols simultaneously using the Dynamixel SDK. Refer to the following manuals for details on the protocols.
- Dynamixel Protocol 1.0
- Dynamixel Protocol 2.0 (Recommended protocoltype)
The Dynamixel SDK can be used on PCs such as desktops or laptops, as well as on tablets, and also on SBCs like Raspberry Pi and UpBoards. In addition, it can be used with embedded boards that support the Arduino IDE. Dynamixel uses TTL and RS485 communication. In order to use computer and Dynamixel, we recommend USB2Dynamixel or U2D2 as interface device.
Supported Operating Systems
The Dynamixel SDK supports all three operating systems: Windows, Linux, and MacOS.
The Dynamixel SDK supports various programming languages: C, C++, C#, Python, Java, MATLAB and LabVIEW.
In addition, Dynamixel SDK supports ROS, so it can be used as ROS library using C++ or Python modules.
- C: *Dynamic library and source code of this library and examples
- C#, Java, MATLAB, LabVIEW: Support based on dynamic library using C language
- C++: *Dynamic library and source code of this library and examples
- Python: Python module and examples
- ROS: ROS library using C++ and Python modules
(* Dynamic library (*.dll, *.so, and *.dylib files) / .dll: dynamic-link library on Windows / .so: shared object on Linux / .dylib: dynamic library on macOS)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.